02/10/13
Jina Langu ni Natalie!! (My name is Natalie)
Quite an interesting day we had yesterday. I got to Skype with my parents, and Sammy, for the first time since I arrived here. It was great to see their faces, but it made me so homesick. After saying a tearful goodbye I made my way down stairs to the kitchen where my aunt was waiting for me with a warm pancake breakfast and a hug. I am in good hands here.
We spent the rest day running errands and preparing for the barbeque we were to attend that night. We baked snicker doodles just for the occasion. mmmmmm!
The barbeque was at the home of a woman whom Luis and Lisa knew from Indonesia. Good food. Good company. Good view of those silly monkeys that live in the area. Good conversation. Most of it in French, go figure. If only I knew more than 4 words....
I went for a run this morning intending to get a little exercise. I had no idea the altitude would effect me so much. (That's just my excuse for being really out of shape.) So I decided to take exercising, like everything else, one step at a time, pun intended. Here's my thinking, I have 4 months to become an olympic athlete, so I feel no need to jump on board and run a 10K immediately. (By the time I get home, though, I'll be running laps around YOU Aunt Joanie!!) There's no need to rush into anything, really. It may seem obvious that, yes, I am using exercise as a metaphor for something bigger, but enough of my personal musings for now. Time for brunch! Were headed to le Rustique. Yumm!
This is my last official post for a while. 11 days exactly. I'll be heading to The Nest this afternoon/evening and will have limited internet access. That just means more stories, and even more pictures when I return!
Kwaheri!
No comments:
Post a Comment