Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Just an ordinary day


02/13/13
Today is Wednesday, which means Irene is coming to visit. She lives near the halfway house which is about 20 km closer to Nairobi, but on Wednesdays, she comes to see us out here in Limuru. The morning has been spent cleaning up the volunteer house and making sure everything looks just so. In a bit we will head back over to the nest to watch the children while the staff meets and goes over weekly news. It was this same time last week when I came to visit the nest for the first time. Maybe Irene will bring some visitors along with her when she comes. I am wondering if we will get another volunteer soon. It is impossible to know since, like me, they usually show up unannounced. The Austrians leave on the 20th and I'm really going to miss them! They have big plans though, so it is their time to go. It seems strange that we are on complete different stages of our journeys. Theirs is coming to an end while mine is just beginning! I can't believe I've already been here a week. It seems like a lot longer than that. I've managed to pack so much into this one week.
Since tomorrow is Valentines day, we are going to celebrate tonight. The night will be filled with sappy movies and lots of chocolate.
To all my family and friends back home, Happy early-Valentines Day. Love you lots!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment