What can I really say about the past few days. I wrapped up my short stay in Eldoret with a lesson. My lesson was directed toward the Parliament, the leaders of each of the children's homes. I spoke for about an hour and a half. The kids absolutely loved it! I was so surprised. I thought for sure I would get a bunch of blank stares but these kids were SO engaging, almost a little too rowdy. We had a nice discussion. At the end I welcomed any and all questions about my lesson, but it really turned into them asking questions about america and a few about the UK.
The ride back to Nairobi was a tiresome, and thankfully uneventful, one. It only took about 6 hours....
I don't understand some people's aversion to waiting in lines but for some reason, lines are not even a concept here. I was patiently waiting (in what I thought was a line) to purchase my ticket for the shuttle and some dude just pushed up in front of me and slapped his money down.
Now I'm back in Nairobi. Not too much has happened since my return but it is nice to regroup and have a day or two to just reflect on the past month. Everything happened so quickly I didn't have much of a chance to process everything.
Before I can get used to hanging out and "regrouping," I start working at the Sarakasi trust tomorrow. Yeee! Time to get to work, again!
No comments:
Post a Comment