Sunday, March 24, 2013
Habari (news)
3/24/13
This post is full of big news.
I'll start with some overlap. The Sarakasi "interview" was a success. They want me! The details are up in the air so I won't jinx anything. As of today, it looks like my days of paperworking and phone answering and live music listening are soon to come.
Sydney and I ended up going to the concert that I had mentioned before. Frank showed me the route I would be taking by Matatu for my everyday commute, so the extra trip was multi-functional. I'm all about learning something from my experiences if you haven't already noticed.
We arrived in time to listen to the opening band, which continued to play long after they were supposed to. Long enough to lead us to believe we had watching the headlining band the entire time! It turns out, the actual band started playing after we left. Great. That's what I get for impatience and a healthy amount of enthusiasm for watching Rocky Horror Picture Show, which was also on our Friday night to-do list along with baking brownies and dancing along to The Time Warp. I've promised to take Sydney to see a live showing this summer in Portland. Everyone should be exposed to Rocky Horror at Clinton Street or a similar theatre once in their life. It's just a healthy part of growing up.
Now, on to the next big news. Lisa and Luis have a friend from ghana visit this week leading up to Easter. They arrived early saturday morning. Their arrival roused me from my slumber just enough to see that I had just received a new email. Half asleep, and for reasons unknown, I decided to check that fresh and shiny new email that I soon realized was from the school I have been waiting to hear from for weeeeeeeks. To put things simply, I got in. Since our new visitors were sleeping, I had to make my jump for joy and happy dance as quiet as possibly then wait for the rest of the house to wake up so I could share the news.
One more weight to slip off my shoulders. I would have been happy either way, but it feels so good to know. The only thing left to do is decide which school is the right one for me. I had to take a break from my african adventure to remember my future and my academic education as opposed to the non-academic education I am getting here. Like I've said a million times before, it's all about balance.
The visitors from Ghana are a mother and her two girls. Those cuties love tickle wars, at least they did before they met me. I show no mercy when it comes to tickling. (cue the evil laugh)
The 8 of us, Tolleys Ghanian friends and me, attended an indian holy day celebration. We spent the afternoon throwing colorful paint at each other
and getting just about as colorful as possible. My once blue shirt is now a mixture of purple, pink, red and green and just about every combination.
Even after a long shower, I still looked I had a colorful rash or a rainbow of a sunburn. The paint wasn't easy to get off...
Now that I've taken my break, I'm ready to jump back into the present. I arrived back at the nest this morning after a full weekend.
I only have about 4 days left since I most likely will not be coming back to stay after easter due to travel preparation. So, while I'm here, I might as well make the best of my time.
note to self.... TAKE PICTURES
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Natalie - I just caught up on reading your posts, and they're brilliant! Love all you've had to say! Thanks for sharing. Also, congratulations on the college acceptances....what are the schools you are choosing between? And, I was so happy to listing to Nick's song! Amazing, too! I hope we can share more of his talent through the church. Keep up the great posts! Hugs from WLLC!
ReplyDelete