I'm a few days behind. Yet again.
I received a special surprise today once I finally got on the internet. My brother has released his first song off his new EP. He's been working so hard, and now we are finally getting to see the result of so countless hours spent editing, writing, playing, and listening. I can't remember a trip to Eugene where I wasn't pulled into his room to "listen to this new idea. Isn't it cool?" I am honored that I was able to share in his experience, even if it is just a little bit. Here I am about to go preaching on all of y'all, but if you know what's good for you, you'll go listen to his new single. http://nickhamelmusic.bandcamp.com/
That's the big news from Portland, Oregon, and we are all very proud, but enough of home for now.
The kids had a special visitor yesterday and today. It has been quite a week for them. (Low season my foot.) We celebrated a community birthday party. A very generous birthday boy decided to share his birthday with the children of the Nest, complete with lunch and sweets to go around. It was all thrown together pretty quickly, we found out the morning of, but like most things here, lack of preparation didn't keep the fun from going off without a hitch.
After long hours spent in the cellar, organizing donations, we volunteers needed a little celebration too, before going back to work. A birthday party is just what we needed. Prepared to go back down to the darkest dankest depths of the basement for God knows how long today, we were surprised by, get this, even more visitors! Only this time, instead of bringing snacks, they brought a bouncy house. No, not a bouncy house, a bouncy castle. One could even call it a bouncy town. Don't worry, I took some pictures. I've got to remember to catch these moments while they're here, or else I won't have any proof that these kids touch my life every day. Needless to say, I got my bounce on. I couldn't stay away. One, because they looked like they were having so much fun, and two, because they dragged me in against my will.
The weekend is approaching, and in my two days off, I have packed a ton of activities. The only thing I need is someone to drag along with me. Maybe Sydney and Ben will be willing to go hiking through Karura forest with me. (one item on my list) I also plan on visiting the Maasia market and working on my bargaining skills. (We'll see if those vendors really want 200 KSH for that bracelet.)
That's all for now, I think. I probably forgot something, but this is what I get for not writing every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment